Monday, February 12, 2007

Can't stop

If I write them all down, it's out of my head and I can move on:

Best Bike in a Supporting Role


Nominees are:

E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial
BMX bikes, flying. I mean, the poster is a complete icon.

Better Off Dead
John Cusack? Mid-'80s? Can't say I know this one, but a friend made the nomination. Something about "I want my two dollars."...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
If you don't know it, you should: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, Paul Newman and Katherine Ross as eye-candy. And Paul's riding and doing tricks on a fixie, thank you very much.

The Shining
OK, it's a trike, not a bike, but it's creepy and you remember it if you've seen the movie.

Les Triplettes de Belleville
The bike probably goes beyond a supporting role in this one, but if I don't include it now, the bike movie agony will go on for another day, and no one wants that. Also, nominated for Best Presentation of a Chemically Induced State on Film.

Easy Rider
Whoops, those things got engines on 'em...though that doesn't stop that one person from posting "biker chick" ads on the BACX mailing list...

OK, that feels better. On with life.

No comments: