Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Where did my mind go

Most of the time, life bumps along normally.


Every once in a while, it's necessary to focus a little bit.


Focus too much--


--and you start losing perspective.

Coming back from a conference only to find that the two-page justification required to speak at the next conference is due only 5 days later was a nasty way of causing focus. Now that the deadline has passed, my brain feels a bit cooked. Hopefully no one at work notices, or at least they just think I'm preoccupied when the reality is not much is going on up there.

On a more fun note, I finally had a chance to ride out on the roads aboard my new single-speed. Predictably, flats were fun, downhilling only went so fast (I guess it's good spinning practice), and uphills were surprisingly manageable--except for the 1.9 km rise averaging a 7% grade that goes up to my workplace. My legs are still sore. Maybe I won't be using the SS for commuting so much...

3 comments:

X Bunny said...

i hope those pictures aren't before and after shots of your eye surgery...

dt said...

Based solely on the images I thought this post would be about the importance of proper seat adjustment before long rides over rough terrain.

Glad to hear that it was just your brain cells that got jostled a bit.

russellp said...

xb: thankfully my eyes do point straight most of the time, even after eye surgery, but it's sure fun to make them all googly when people aren't expecting...

d: just reading that comment is making me squirm. That kind of pain is not to be wished on anybody.