Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back on the farm

Travelled up to BC last weekend to visit my parents and clean out the closets; they'll be moving to a smaller property across town at the end of May. The parents have been very accomodating for the past 15 years holding onto three kids' stuff, but it was time to go through at least my stuff with a "scorched earth" policy.

Of the items I sorted through, I thought at least that part of my readership that has witnessed my interaction with rodents would appreciate my first stuffed animal (yes, I once had quite a collection):


And I will let the same portion of the audience imagine how interesting it was for me to see that a pair of marmots (yellow-bellied marmots, to be precise; 30-pound rodents along the lines of groundhogs) have tunneled themselves an extensive den underneath the outbuildings while not sunning themselves on the roof.


Really, I'm so easily entertained.

In the trivia column, I found a birth record stating that I was born weighing 8 pounds, 14 ounces. I must have just eaten or something. Uh, thanks, Mom...

6 comments:

~ lauren said...

jeezus, 30lb marmots?

that thing looks like a small bear or something.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

30lb marmot?

that's nothing ...


you should have seen the stuffed animals he was chasing at Surf City.
- - -


fantastico.

Unknown said...

when I was 7 I realized that I lost my first stuffed animal (a small (flat) panda type-wasn't really a panda just had the coloring of one). Anyway, I was devistated. I still kept hope though, even all these years later...

everytime I go to my mom's I search in vain.

even though she's moved like 20 times since I was 7 and has trashed so much stuff and it probably got lost on a playground anyway...

I still look...

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

moo.

dp said...

I have a squirrel just like that in gray. It's at my mom's house. I'll get photo evidence when I'm there in June.

Seems to be quite a dignified marmot.

X Bunny said...

marmots are one of my favorite animals