Saturday, September 8, 2007

Loopiness

Argh. Despite convincing myself I had the best of intentions, I failed to ride my bike to work once this week. Had a good, hard ride on Labor Day, including riding up nasty old Hicks Rd, but failed to build on it.

In an attempt to get back in the saddle, and as a break from researching my potential career in laundry, I went noodling up the LG creek trail this morning on what I guess will be my bread-and-butter cyclocross training loop.

Some up, some down; some attempts at mounting and remounting, and as a result my first mild CX scrape of the season. Like most CX scrapes, I'm left wondering how I twisted and flexed in order to make bike/skin contact in that particular location.

It did earn me the luxury of whether time is now better spent showering or watching US Open tennis...

2 comments:

dp said...

Where's the pictures of the blood? I want to see the blood, dammit!

russellp said...

Er, not much in the way of blood, certainly nothing dripping. If you go check out a couple other blogs on the roll, they've got shoulder surgeries and stuff to see.