Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Feel the heat


I've got a hot body.

No, really: I tend to feel warm most of the time. Some of us (and usually those of us holding a Y gene) are so blessed. Blessed, that is, until it is time to go to bed.

At some point, I was trained to feel comfortable in bed when the blankets on top of me were essentially heavy enough to prevent me from moving. Blankets that heavy also tend to be very warm, which for those of us with high internal body temps, leads to rather humid in-bed conditions. So the usual choice is heavy sheets and sweaty versus light sheets and not sleepy.

This evening, it is with some giddiness that I see the temperature in by bedroom has dropped below 70°F before bedtime, for the first time in many weeks. Within a month, it may be below 60...sweet cool relief.

Oo, wait: courtesy of the internet, maybe I should get one of these before next summer...

5 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

"Goodbye Sweaty Sheets: Hello Japanese Bed Cooler"


sounds like a job add on craigslist...

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i feel a little weird reading this post....

russellp said...

A little weird? Yeah, well, there's no one around here to keep me from posting after 11pm.

X Bunny said...

russell is so hot

dt said...

nothing says "restful slumber" like incessant fan noise a foot from your head.