Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Freaky Flickr-viewers and the Fajitas From Mars

With a full-time internet connection in hand, I decided to revive my Flickr account and get some pictures online for friends, families, and complete strangers. Some from my road trip in July, some from Thailand last December, some stretching back to 2003...I'm not an artist, just snaps. And I picked up the little Flickr sidebar widget from Lauren's website.

Photos are still being uploaded, organized, labelled, etc. but some viewers have already come by--I don't know who. Since Flickr counts views, though, you can tell which photos people are coming to look at. So, with photos of mountains and waterfalls and the mighty rivers of British Columbia and exotic Oriental locations and the like, which photo has the most views? My caption:

"9am on a Sunday morning and there's a family splashing in the pool--dad was wearing a Speedo and a 10-gallon hat."


Now the wider world knows what the courtyard of the Super 8 in Wells, NV, looks like. Apparently it's in demand.

Out of mercy to myself, I did not take a photo with sufficient resolution and zoom to reveal the dad in all his glory, but the Flickr-passersby must be squinting to catch a sight of him...heaven knows there have been enough Speedos in the local blogs lately...

----

In a long overdue discussion of food, cooked up some fajitas for dinner this evening. All was well until I pulled out the wraps..."Spinach Garden Herb" seemed fine at the time (and was on sale), but little green bundles on the plate just looked a little extraplanetary.

I switched my eyes to black-and-white and all was fine. Yum.

Fine, I'll wash the dishes now instead of net-dawdling...

6 comments:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

wow, lots of really cool pics.

i would very much like to see a lot of the places you saw....

dt said...

think of all the bored folk tag-trawling through flickr who arrive at your 'speedo' photo with high hopes. kind of makes me want to add the tag 'britney' to every one of my thousand-odd, largely marginalized photos to drum up some traffic.

~ lauren said...

i was in your pics the other night poking around.

they look good. looks like some interesting trips.

russellp said...

pab: thanks! I don't think I have as many people pictures as others, which my mom would probably dislike, but I do my best with photo subjects that sit still.

Those places are waiting for you...and even if you don't/can't go far, the top of Hwy 4 is pretty spectacular.

dt: do you think flickr keeps track of its most-searched words?

lauren: Snooper! Glad you liked some. My galleries can't keep up with a pro like you, though.

dp said...

Now I have to add Crater Lake to the list of places I would like to visit. Thanks for that.

X Bunny said...

be sure and wear goggles when you post your own speedo photo