Monday, September 22, 2008

One week's vacation

All the kiddies should be stuck in school and their parents should be making sure that the kiddies go to school, leaving the roads and parks open for me to go see some Things I Have Not Yet Seen.


A far from comprehensive list but one that's relevant to the week ahead:
Hwy 120 through Yosemite NP
Death Valley NP
Las Vegas
Interbike (Actually, I probably won't get in, but I can be in its presence)
Cross Vegas
Hoover Dam (maybe)
Sequoia and King's Canyon NPs

Would've left already except that glass class starts up again tonight. Hopefully I can wake myself up early tomorrow and get on the road.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent almost two weeks wandering around Death Valley in an old 4x4 with a friend of mine, ten years ago. We had lots of water, fuel, wood, food, beer. It was a great trip. It is an amazing place. Spend as much time there as you can and be prepared. The touristy stuff is neat but venture off the beaten path and you'll find amazing stuff.

dp said...

Hoover Dam should be a "definitely". It is VERY cool. Also Valley of Fire Provincial Park, which is nearby.

dt said...

Ditto to Hoover. Among many other things you get a great view of a crazy spanning bridge they're building away up at the top of the gorge.

You going to take in a show while in Las Vegas, Russellp?

~ lauren said...

isn't cher still doing her thing in vegas? that'd be a show to see while you're there.

i'll be there too.

russellp said...

Is it just a coincidence that I'm getting replies from couples?

m: I'm on my own in a hatchback, so I'm not picturing wandering too far off the beaten track. I'll be lucky to have 24h and will do the best I can.

dp: OK, I'll work Hoover into the schedule. And I can't help mentioning that they call them "state" parks down here. ;)

dt: take in a "show"? Well, if I stay more than overnight, there's a chance--will report in due time.

l: Cher?

...

Cher? Really? Not sure I'd want to see that...Well, let's see if we cross paths in the queue...