Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Training plan of champions

Took a week off to sit in a car, drive to Vegas and back, and hike around the mountaintops.

Did one 'cross race (CXSR #1), more than adequate to blow my engine and render me hopelessly incapable of following up in the singlespeed race (didn't stop me from trying for a while--it was free, after all--and hurtin' some of the soft tissue...).

Flew to Ottawa for a long weekend and Canadian Thanksgiving--including massive amounts of dessert (why have just one?):



So, my last three weeks or so have not been a paragon of cyclocross preparation. With Pilarcitos #1 at McLaren Park looming this Sunday, the holy c#$@ instinct to actually do some prep kicked in this morning. 20 minutes of hill intervals were enough to make my legs rubbery and leave me feeling vaguely nauseous once off the bike--those are good signs, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like the "good sensations" the Euros are always talking about. See you at McClaren, in your SS race even. I got an ebay hooptie ss bike.