Saturday, March 15, 2008

Loft life


New job, new apartment. Isn't it trendy? Really, it was the first place I saw that I thought I could actually live in. Most places I saw in my price range were, uh, small and old ("cozy with character").


The concrete playground of the downstairs was big enough for riding a bike in circles--until I filled it with my boxes and boxes of crap.


Bedroom space upstairs, and the windows now have curtains so I can sleep.


Look way, way up and there's a third floor, though I don't yet have a way of getting up there to see how many dust bunnies have collected or put stuff away.

4 comments:

dt said...

Very nice!

I admit to being baffled by that third level, however. Was the previous tenant your friendly neighborhood spiderman, or something?
Can we call it "the cow level"? Please?

russellp said...

Hm, "cow" level? As in "cow-jumped-over-the-moon" level?

It's supposed to be storage space, though there is a wall outlet and a light switch up there. Apparently there are some ladders floating around the complex for the specific purpose of reaching the third floor.

dt said...

What about rock climbing handholds anchored to the wall opposite the stairs? Or would that be a little (wait for it) over the top?

X Bunny said...

looks way nicer than from the window on the last post!