Sunday, January 6, 2008

Maybe I should write something

Lacking rantable or ravable material:

1) Raced 'cross this morning after not riding a bike for three weeks. My body did not respond well to the shock therapy of reactivating, so no spectacular result (though I was v. pleased to not crash). The 1.5 hour après-ride through the trails of Fort Ord w/ the Fantastic Four was probably closer to what I should be doing.

2) My Xmas break was pretty inert: good to see the fam, but I should've coaxed myself out into winter wonderland (see the Flickr pics in the sidebar) a bit more. And the hassle of travelling over the holidays really makes me wonder if it's worth it. I should pick another tropical destination for next year and visit the parents on Jan. 25.

3) My most recent man-on-the-street-discovers-pop-culture find: muffintop, when the pants are too tight and the Christmas belly fat rolls over the edge. It's just so spot-on.

4) In a strictly financial sense, I got a shiny new radiator for Christmas. Not a stupendous present, but reassuring.

5) A better present: a job offer! Change may be a-comin'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Grats on the offer. And the radiator, of course.

X Bunny said...

saving the world from batteries that catch on fire one electrolyte at a time!

dt said...

job offer?

are you to become a muffintop model for abercrombie and fitch?

enquiring minds want to know!