Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hello, uh, Mr. Nobel-Prize-winner, uh, sir...

Had lunch across the table from a Nobel Prize winner today. I will claim to have not been star-struck, but it was a bit hard to keep up with the intensity of his agenda--frankly, he's been doing a lot more research on it than I have--so perhaps just staying quiet at all times would've been for the best. Gotta give the man credit, he has done well to get into an excellent position to actually address climate change and energy use in scientifically and practically relevant way.

--

After spending the day in my concrete box of a lab and reading the lead news stories online of the heat wave passing through the Bay Area, I was expecting to come outside and get the hair-dryer feeling while biking home. Instead, it was a bit cool for shirtsleeves to start. Hm, there are advantages to living in Berkeley/Oakland...I'm still going to hang out in the frozen foods section tonight, but that's 'cuz the cupboards are stripped bare.

5 comments:

dt said...

So...not Gore, then?

C'mon -- drop a name already!

russellp said...

Check your calendar for Mr Physics 2007.

russellp said...

Crap, I meant Mr Physics 1997.

dp said...

All three of them?

dt said...

I suspect russellp met with the *smart* one.